A couple of years ago I started rating my books I read on www.goodreads.com.
Then I realized it kept track of all of them, and without knowing it I read 73 books in 2013. So, for 2014 I thought “I’ll bet I could read 100 books if I changed a few habits around (like no TV)”. So, that’s what I did, and I’ve never felt smarter and more enriched.
I ended up reading 118 books in 2014, 66 fiction and 52 non-fiction.
Of the 52 non-fiction, 13 were business, 14 were personal development, and 25 miscellaneous general non-fiction.
* The best new (to me at least) fiction authors were Patrick Lee and Dan Silva.
* My favorite 2014 Fiction Genre – Spy novels
* Best Business Book (specific to my industry) – Unveiling the Retirement Myth by Jim Otar
* Best Business Book (general) – Winning the Battle for Relevance by Michael McQueen
* Best Personal Development Book – Fearless Leaders by my friend TC North
* 2nd Favorite Personal Development Book – You are a Badass by Jen Sincero
* Best General Non-Fiction – Lost in the Jungle by Yossi Ghinsberg
For 2015, I will probably get close again (reading is a lifestyle) and I plan on reading some long books like Fountainhead by Ayn Rand and a few other classics.
I’ll provide my 2015 thoughts this time next year!